- Welcome to Piazza Palermo
Welcome to Piazza Palermo
Unfortunately, crime in downtown San Diego has been increasing. Together we can increase building security. Here are some things that we can do to help improve security:
1. After entering the vehicle gates, wait until the gate completely closes to proceed to your parking spot, and report individuals that enter through the vehicle gate. (Do not walk through vehicle gates, use pedestrian gates)
2. Try not to let people follow you in through pedestrian gates.
3. Do not leave valuables in your car.
4. Do not share your entrance code with anyone, including vendors.
5. Report missing or lost fobs.
6. Do not store lock boxes onsite.
7. Verify that the bike room’s doors are pulled shut and locked before leaving.
8. Report suspicious activity. Palermo Office M-F 8:00-4:30 (619) 786-7497, After Hours – Apex Security (619) 500-1850, SDPD (619) 531-2065
9. Install surveillance doorbell cameras to monitor packages.
10.Make police report if you have been a victim of a crime . https://www.sandiego.gov/blog/file-police-report-online
Pool Reconstruction Ballots Due By September 16, 2020
Owners, please submit your ballots in person to the Property Management office, or by mail before 9/16/2020. Not submitting a vote, counts as a non-approval. To move forward with the project as planned, 155 owners of 230 need to vote in favor to authorize the loan. The Board does not plan to levy a special assessment to repay the loan.
This upgrade to the property includes correcting drainage issues, and leaks into the garages. In addition this improvement would include reconstruction to the pool, new decking in the pool area, barbeques, fire pits, furniture, and landscaping. These enhancements will likely increase property values, rental income, and the overall enjoyment of the facility.
93 ballots have been submitted as of September 9th, 2020. Please let management know if you are an owner and have not received your ballot. In order to achieve the 67% approval vote, the Board and Management are asking for 100% voter participation.
The tabulation meeting will take place at 5:30, September 16th, 2020 in the conference room on the third floor. You can drop off your ballot at that meeting, but we encourage you to submit your ballot at the management office in the gym, or by mail before the deadline.
You can find pictures of the remodel in the bulletin board by the gym, and on the Palermo website. http://piazzapalermo.org
LOAN BALLOT AND POOL RECONSTRUCTION
The Board would like to thank members who attended the August 26th meeting to discuss the loan ballot. Attendees had an opportunity to express views, ask the Board and Association counsel questions, and provide input on communications sent out about the loan. While the meeting was well attended, based on feedback received, the Board felt the need to provide further clarification by sharing discussion points from the meeting with those who could not attend.
• As a result of a construction defect, the pool deck and surrounding planters leak into the Cedar garage below.
• The project is expected to cost ~$700,000. The bulk of this costs is associated with the necessary repairs of the construction defects and arise from significant labor charges associated with removing the concrete deck.
• The Board started planning for this project over two years ago.
• The Association has $250,000 in construction defect award funds allocated for the pool deck project.
• The loan being proposed is $480,000. It has a fixed rate of 4.35% for the ten-year term. It is important to note that rates for associate loans are at historic lows!
• Last year the Board incorporated a line item in the annual budget for repayment of the loan. Approximately $50,000 has been generated from this line item and will be used for loan repayment, if approved. Approval of the proposed loan for the pool reconstruction project will NOT require an increase in assessments or any special assessments, as planned.
• There have been increases in the assessments over the last few years. These increases are in large part to replenish the reserve funds, as well as a reaction to increased service provider costs. As the minimum wage increases, the contract prices, like janitorial, increase.
• Repairs to the pool deck are necessary and will eventually take place regardless of whether the loan is approved. The loan allows the Association to repay the amounts over ten years, leveraging the already budgeted line item with additional budget planning, rather than specially assessing members now to generate the required funds.
• There is no way to avoid the inconvenience associated with the construction. It will be disruptive, but again this cannot be avoided. The repairs are necessary.
• This project is not only necessary to correct a construction defect but will also add exponential value to our community for residents and off-site Owners alike! The plan creates an expanded, modern, welcoming pool area that will become a shining feature for the building.
• Renderings of the proposed project can be seen posted in the gym bulletin board, and the doors of the clubroom at the pool.
• For the loan to be taken out, the Association must receive 155 “yes” votes. Failure to vote has the same impact as voting against the loan.
• The Board needs direction. Whether you are for or against the loan, please vote. The voting process gives the Board direction when everyone participates.
PLEASE RETURN YOUR BALLOT BY SEPTEMBER 16TH.
Greetings Piazza Palermo Residents and Owners,
As of 8/31/2020 San Diego County’s regulations allows us to open our amenities at 10% capacity. The spa is not included in these regulation updates.
According to San Diego County’s updated regulations on August 31, 2020, indoor gyms can be reopened at 10% capacity. The regular occupancy of the gym is 20 people. 10% of regular capacity allows two people in the gym at one time. More information can be found at: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus.html
The Gym, Club Room, Conference Room, and Billiards Room will be open to a 2 (two) person maximum.
The amenities are currently for residents and owners only. No guests are allowed at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.