Housing Stability Assistance Program
Posted By jgoodman on May 26, 2021
The City of San Diego COVID-19 Housing Stability Assistance Program helps to pay past-due, unpaid rent and utilities for individuals and families with low income in the City of San Diego who experience financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Per guidance from the U.S. Department of Treasury, financial help this program provides to a household is not considered income for the household.
Households that meet the following criteria are eligible to receive help:
- Tenant has a City of San Diego address.
- Household income is at or below 80 percent of San Diego’s Area Median Income (AMI), currently $97,000 per year for a family of four.
- Household has an obligation to pay rent.
- At least one member of the household has a reduction of income or other financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Household experienced or is at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
For more information visit: www. sdhc.org