- Manager's Messages
- Building Water Shut Down Policy
Building Water Shut Down Policy
Posted By jgoodman on April 21, 2023
To streamline building water shut downs requested by owners for unit repairs, see policy below.
- Building water shutdowns will be scheduled the 4th Tuesday of the month. Shut down will begin @ 10am.
- Owners must submit a request to schedule a building water shut down in writing at least 10 days in advance. Requests submitted with less notice will not be accommodated and will need to be scheduled during the following month’s building water shut down.
- Owners must ensure that water is completely turned off in the unit before beginning repairs.
- Repairs in your unit must be completed by 4pm to allow time for the facility tech to restore water to the building during business hours. If your repair is not completed by 4pm, over time charges will be billed to you.
- It is highly suggested that a plumber that is familiar with the building make repairs; however, it is not required. Plumbers must carry at least $1 million in general liability, name Piazza Palermo Owners Association as additional insured, and not have any exclusions in their insurance policy that would result in coverage issues should damage occur from their work.